Launched in 2012, the Centre for Modern East Asian Studies (CeMEAS) plays a key role in Göttingen’s strategy to strengthen research and teaching in the field of East Asian Studies. It is one of the multi-regional and multi-disciplinary research centres at the University of Göttingen primarily aiming
- to encourage and support innovative research on East Asia across disciplinary and
- to become the intellectual centre for a community of scholars and students dedicated to
the research of East Asia.
- to strengthen the presence of East Asian studies on campus and in the community.
- to build international research networks with institutes and scholars of East Asia.
- to provide a wide range of resources pertaining to East Asia for scholars, students,
and the general public.
We welcome your comments and feedback on CeMEAS commitments and activities.
Feel free to contact us!